Cert III Web
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Admin
Admin
https://cert3web.forumotion.com

Topic 3: Manipulate/produce images to meet requirements of the brief Empty Topic 3: Manipulate/produce images to meet requirements of the brief

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:35 am
We can use different types of software that can be used to manipulate images are Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Light room classic, CyberLink PhotoDirector etc. There are many techniques involved in crafting beautiful and functional interfaces such as using contrast to manage focus, using colour to manage attention, framing, grid, depth, scale etc.

Last edited by Admin on Thu Mar 29, 2018 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Bkoss70

Topic 3: Manipulate/produce images to meet requirements of the brief Empty Re: Topic 3: Manipulate/produce images to meet requirements of the brief

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:29 am
What is software to used to manipulate the images.
You can use Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop. Also there are some free programs such as GIMP, Pixelr, and Befunky.

What are some particular techniques you can use to manipulate or create an effect on an image.
You can crop images down to size them to smaller version for the web.
You can change the vibrancy of the image to make it stand out more. 
We can correct the rotation issues of the image.
You can use Adobe Photoshop's healing tool to remove blemishes from model's skin

Last edited by Bkoss70 on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:02 am; edited 1 time in total
nicolas15

Topic 3: Manipulate/produce images to meet requirements of the brief Empty Re: Topic 3: Manipulate/produce images to meet requirements of the brief

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:21 am
To be honest, I just used Photoshop and changed
some in a simple things, like color and size. I'm not
very good at this because I have never used this
software in my life to manipulate some images
or create a new one, also i have been trying to
use illustrator but i find a little difficult.
nicolas15

Topic 3: Manipulate/produce images to meet requirements of the brief Empty Hi Brkoss70

Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:49 pm
Yes and we can use Photoshop or illustrator,
and on internet we can find some many tutorials
that explains all of the tools that these two
software give us
renatsilva90

Topic 3: Manipulate/produce images to meet requirements of the brief Empty Manipulate Images

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:04 am
Hi,
Similar to Nicolas, I have been using just the Photoshop to manipulate images as well.
I prefer to re-size the images on Photoshop rather than crop them, I think it is a good to keep their properties and resolution.
Harris

Topic 3: Manipulate/produce images to meet requirements of the brief Empty Topic 3: Manipulate/produce images to meet requirements of the brief

Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:03 pm
I also use adobe photoshop to manipulate images. I have only started to use adobe photoshop so i am not familiar with the software, but the easiest was to manipulate an image for me is by either resizing it or cropping it
Lewis_Cavallo

Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:55 am
Software used:
Photoshop is my program of choice to manipulate images easily as it supports a massive range of tools and options to edit images. Photoshop also has countless tutorials online making it rather easy to pick up and use. Illustrator is another fantastic tool for creating vector graphics and logos/icons.
There is free software online too such as Gimp (think of it as Photoshop lite) or Paint.NET (if you need to do quick image resizing).

Techniques:
Usually editing the size/rotation, position, colour, cropping, masking and adding effects to images are what I do with Photoshop however I also use it to create pixel art and animate too. I'm very new to Illustrator so my techniques are still the basic ones (draw tools, shapes, editing shape properties).

Lewis_Cavallo

Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:25 pm
renatsilva90 wrote:
Similar to Nicolas, I have been using just the Photoshop to manipulate images as well.
I prefer to re-size the images on Photoshop rather than crop them, I think it is a good to keep their properties and resolution.
Photoshop is great for doing quick and easy edits like you've listed, it's also a good place to start when learning Photoshop. You can also do this on free software (such as GIMP or paint.NET) too, I usually find Photoshop takes a while to open and if I want to make small quick edits other software can be faster for those changes.

I agree at keeping images properties and resolution is important for images as a whole.
Exlodian

Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:22 am
Good morning/Evening Everyone

With manipulation and construction products, there are all sorts of stuff. Even MSpaint can be classed as it, though not the greatest. Gimp, Adobe Illustrator, etc are great for drawing.
While Photoshop for example is great to change a image that you have created, or someone else has for means. Example: An artist has decided to make concept art for an
up coming game, that they have been hired to design concept art for. They use Adobe illustrator to make the design. They have finished it, but feels out of place for the lighting.
The artist uses Photoshop, to give the piece more of a dark morphed feel that the game designers wanted.
Birash

Topic 3: Manipulate/produce images to meet requirements of the brief Empty agree

Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:55 am
I also use Adobe Photoshop to manipulate my image whether by resizing, for some effects and cropping. Its never easy at the beginning but once started its pretty easy to understand and use.
C.Roberts

Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:41 pm
Hi everyone,

Like the majority of people responding to this post, I also use Photoshop to change images. I think this is a reflection of how simple Photoshop is to use, and how effective the software is. I find the toolbar easy to navigate and I find the end product looks very professional. I have used Illustrator before, but find I am always coming back to Photoshop because that is what I am familiar with.
Lizzy2771

Thu May 31, 2018 9:13 pm
In response to everyone, let's just agree that for the majority Photoshop is the best software for manipulating images Very Happy . Not only is it simple and easy to use it is also mainly the go to image editing program whether you just want to resize/crop something or go all out by adding extra layers, changing the color and adding effects to the images. And from previous experience I've also found it quite effective in making simple animations.
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum