Cert III Web
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Topic 2: Undertake research to source images

+6
Lewis_Cavallo
Harris
renatsilva90
nicolas15
Bkoss70
Admin
10 posters
Go down
Admin
Admin
https://cert3web.forumotion.com

Topic 2: Undertake research to source images Empty Topic 2: Undertake research to source images

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:34 am
Using Stock photography isn’t always bad and can be used successfully on a lot of different sites, but a lot of stock photography is used over and over across the web as well as in print media. Creating our own photography helps establish own unique identity and are more effective then just using stock images.

Last edited by Admin on Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bkoss70

Topic 2: Undertake research to source images Empty Re: Topic 2: Undertake research to source images

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:08 am
What is involved in undertaking research into sourcing images and using them.

Why we do create our own images?
You can't sources logo from online because it Illegal to use other people designs.
Some clients have their vision for a image is impossible source online. 

Why do we use online source images?
It is easier to source images online when the deadline is getting closer.
Allows them to stay within the budget given by the client.

How do we use stock images from particular sites/repositories/libraries?
You have to follow website's rules that you are using to source images from and that you have to give credit to the person who owns the copyright to the image.
nicolas15

Topic 2: Undertake research to source images Empty Re: Topic 2: Undertake research to source images

Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:10 am

Making your own images provide much more
interest and identity of your work or web page.
Also is not bad to uses some images from a
particular site but only to uses as a example to
give you some idea
nicolas15

Topic 2: Undertake research to source images Empty Hi Brkoss70

Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:37 pm
I am agree with you about create an own logo or image and also is
illegal to use one and make some change. of course we could have
some help with online image but only with ones that are copyright free.
renatsilva90

Topic 2: Undertake research to source images Empty Copyright law

Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:45 am
when we use the images with royalty free we avoid to break the rules regarding to the Copyright.
the shutterstock website provides a lot of images with royalty free and it is a good way to work with images,
it is possible to have some ideas looking to other people's images or even edit them.
Harris

Topic 2: Undertake research to source images Empty Topic 2: Undertake research to source images

Tue Mar 27, 2018 7:35 pm
Finding specific images on the internet is a very easy task. Even though there are many images most of the them will be protected by copyright law. Creating a image yourself allows you to make the image fit perfectly to what ever the project is about, and wont break any laws. Although there are many images protected by copyright law there are also many websites that provide royalty free images. Royalty free images allow you to use the image in any way you like as long you comply with the terms of the license agreement.
Lewis_Cavallo

Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:45 am
Is creating you own images 'better'?
If you have the required skills to create the images the client needs then doing so will be the easiest option to take, in terms of copyright laws and how you can use other peoples images. This can also work around funding issues with the client as they may not be able to afford sourced images on top of funding you.

Why use sourced images?
Time could be an issue for you, leaving stock/purchasable images as the only option. From previous experience with a client, I was simply told to send them the link to purchase any assets I could use to improve the speed of my work. I was told if they could purchase some assets to skip over the time it takes for me to make them, they would consider doing so. This meant I could focus on the harder work and not worry so much about smaller things that could be bought.

Can stock/royalty free images be useful?
Absolutely. Stock images are perfect for prototyping/early stages of development. However, if the stock image fits the clients needs perfectly than it can be a quick and efficient way to speed up the project.

How do you use stock images, where do you get them?
Stock images can be royalty free but require the creator's name to be credited, this can lead to problems. Other stock images can be bought and used freely. Sites like 'Freepik' allow you to use images without a cost but require crediting, or sites similar to 'Shutterstock' will give you full access to images once bought (you can still use images from Shutterstock for free however there will be a large watermark).
Exlodian

Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:18 am
Good morning/Evening everyone.

With stock images, a lot of business would be just bland blank pages. Even if the business is just using stock images that they don't own, means they are
trying to find a face, or make a face for their business. As well stock images have stopped the idea of people just taking pictures that do not belong to them,
and instead give those people a bone to stop the idea of stealing. In addition there are even stock image websites that sell their stock images without the logos and ad's for a fee.
Allowing business to buy their own work. And currently were in the generation of the world, where we can easily search something quite easily, that it wouldn't take thirty seconds.
Admin
Admin
https://cert3web.forumotion.com

Topic 2: Undertake research to source images Empty Hi Nicolas

Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:32 am

i am with you that creating your own images can provide much more
interest and identity of your work or web page. Creating our own photography helps establish our own unique identity and is more effective then stock images.
Bkoss70

Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:12 am
Lewis_Cavallo wrote:Is creating you own images 'better'?
If you have the required skills to create the images the client needs then doing so will be the easiest option to take, in terms of copyright laws and how you can use other peoples images. This can also work around funding issues with the client as they may not be able to afford sourced images on top of funding you.

Why use sourced images?
Time could be an issue for you, leaving stock/purchasable images as the only option. From previous experience with a client, I was simply told to send them the link to purchase any assets I could use to improve the speed of my work. I was told if they could purchase some assets to skip over the time it takes for me to make them, they would consider doing so. This meant I could focus on the harder work and not worry so much about smaller things that could be bought.

Can stock/royalty free images be useful?
Absolutely. Stock images are perfect for prototyping/early stages of development. However, if the stock image fits the clients needs perfectly than it can be a quick and efficient way to speed up the project.

How do you use stock images, where do you get them?
Stock images can be royalty free but require the creator's name to be credited, this can lead to problems. Other stock images can be bought and used freely. Sites like 'Freepik' allow you to use images without a cost but require crediting, or sites similar to 'Shutterstock' will give you full access to images once bought (you can still use images from Shutterstock for free however there will be a large watermark).

I agree with the use of stock images for the early stages of project, this makes the project progress faster and have less downtime for other sections of the project.
Birash

Topic 2: Undertake research to source images Empty stock images

Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:17 am
By creating own images for the project would be more effective and the shows the interest towards your work even though getting royalty free images are easy nowdays.
C.Roberts

Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:12 pm
Creating your own images allows you the freedom to use whatever image you feel like using. Obviously, this has its limits as you can't always take a picture of whatever you want. The internet has endless images available but you need to be careful that you don't plagiarize or infringe any copyright laws. Royalty-free images are available on certain websites which is always a good alternative. It is possible to use Photoshop or a similar photo editing software to alter an image found on the internet to suit an individual's needs.
Lizzy2771

Topic 2: Undertake research to source images Empty Undertake research to source images

Thu May 31, 2018 8:59 pm
By creating your own images for a project it gives you more opportunity to express your own ideas and gives you the freedom to create what you want to use which definitely improves your own interest and can prove in helping you to be more effective in your work. Of course there is the downside of not being to able to always take a picture of what you specifically want, and while the internet does contain an almost infinite range of different images, if your not too careful it could lead to copyright infringement. But that hopefully shouldn't be a problem considering Royalty-Free images are easier enough to obtain if you go the right websites, for example, Shutterstock.
Lizzy2771

Thu May 31, 2018 9:03 pm
C.Roberts wrote:Creating your own images allows you the freedom to use whatever image you feel like using.  Obviously, this has its limits as you can't always take a picture of whatever you want.  The internet has endless images available but you need to be careful that you don't plagiarize or infringe any copyright laws.  Royalty-free images are available on certain websites which is always a good alternative.   It is possible to use Photoshop or a similar photo editing software to alter an image found on the internet to suit an individual's needs.

Photoshop as well as other software like Illustrator can definitely be good alternatives if you want to edit/alter an image on the internet so it does not infringe upon the copyright law
Sponsored content

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum